Terms & Conditions
For the purpose of this contract:
Jo’s Dog Training Solutions means Jo’s Dog Training Solutions’ staff, contractors, sub-contractors, agents or any person engaged by Jo’s Dog Training Solutions.
Pet Parent/s extends to guardian/s, owner/s, caregiver/s or person/s entrusted with your dog to attend and conduct training.
Training Methods: Jo’s Dog Training Solutions is committed to using the most up-to-date, scientifically-proved, positive, reward-based dog training methods. Therefore we do NOT permit the use of any harsh handling or methods or any equipment designed to be aversive including such items as choke/half choke chains, prong/spray/electric collars or anything else deemed unacceptable by the Jo’s Dog Training Solutions and these will not be permitted in or during any training session.
Session means all one-on-one consultations and group sessions, classes, seminar, workshop or other event held or hosted by Jo’s Dog Training Solutions.
1. By making payment for session/s with Jo’s Dog Training Solutions, I/we the Pet Parent/s or authorised delegate of the enrolled dog has read, understand and agree to the following terms and conditions.
2. Jo’s Dog Training Solutions reserves the right to refuse any dog for training.
3. Pet Parent/s understand the successfulness of training with Jo’s Dog Training Solutions is not guaranteed and is wholly dependent upon the amount of time and effort the Pet Parent/s put in outside of the training sessions held by Jo’s Dog Training Solutions.
4. Dogs must attend training sessions on a flat collar, harness or head collar (check, prong or choker chains/collars are not permitted) and aversive methods cannot be used.
5. All dogs must remain on lead (and kept away from contact with other dogs) in outside or in group sessions unless specifically instructed otherwise by the trainer.
6. Dogs should be suitably protected from the potential diseases and treated for external and internal parasites. Please consult your vet with regards to such issues. Pet Parent/s accepts all responsibility to ensure their dog is appropriately protected against risk of disease.
7. If your dog has been in recent contact with another dog infected by a contagious disease or if they appear unwell you will advise Jo’s Dog Training Solutions prior to any training session.
8. Bitches in season should not attend group classes.
9. If your dog is showing signs of injury or illness including but not limited to Kennel Cough, runny nose and /or eyes, sneezing, gastro upsets, diarrhea, rash or anything unusual for your dog, you will advise Jo’s Dog Training Solutions prior to attending any session.
10. We may video your dog for training purposes, your permission will be sought before doing so. All digital images and video remain the property of Jo’s Dog Training Solutions and may be used for marketing and training purposes or shared with other dog training and behaviour specialist as necessary and your permission will be sought beforehand.
11. Payment for all sessions is via Bank Transfer unless otherwise agreed by Jo’s Dog Training Solutions.
12. Payment is required in advance and at least 24 hours prior to any training session.
13. Multi-session packages are payable in full before the first scheduled session unless otherwise agreed.
14. Refunds are at the sole discretion of Jo’s Dog Training Solutions.
Rescheduling / Cancellations by Client
15. Cancellations prior to the beginning of the first session must be done in writing, via text or email, a minimum of 4 days prior to the commencement of the first session.
- We will refund any monies paid by you should you elect to cancel and not reschedule a session
16. Cancellations when you have already enrolled in or commenced a session must be done in writing, via text or email, a minimum of 24 hrs notice prior to the session, to advise that you will be unable to attend. The first option will be to reschedule the cancelled session as per section 18 below.
17. Requesting to reschedule any session whether prior to commencement to, or where you are already enrolled in a session, requires 24 hrs notice prior to the session, via text or email.
18. Rescheduled sessions must be rebooked within 4 weeks from the initial request and will be at no extra charge. If the session is not rescheduled within this timeframe, it will be considered a cancellation and any refund will be subject to section 14 above.
19. Where Jo’s Dog Training Solutions incorporates the services of a 3rd party for example but not limited to, a Behavioural Veterinarian or Specialist Canine Behaviourist for a consultation and you do not advise of cancellation within 3 days or don't arrive at the consultation, you will be required to pay their fee in full plus a facility hire fee if applicable.
Rescheduling / Cancellations by Jo’s Dog Training Solutions
20. Cancellation of sessions can happen from time to time due to a number of reasons including facilitators being ill, personal emergencies, unforeseen circumstances, or facilities being unavailable for any reason.
21. Jo’s Dog Training Solutions will make every effort to advise you via text or email and at least 30 mins prior to the start of your session.
22. Every effort will be made by Jo’s Dog Training Solutions to reschedule the session to another convenient time and within 4 weeks of the previously arranged date.
23. Please be certain to provide us with the correct and primary email and mobile contact details to contact you and check your mobile and email prior to your training session.
24. Where Jo’s Dog Training Solutions attend a session but for reasons we deem to be of concern for the safety to ourselves or the safety and well-being of your dog (mental or physical) and the session needs to be stopped, postponed or cancelled, you will be charged for the session.
Indemnity & Liability
25. The Pet Parent/s will release Jo’s Dog Training Solutions from all liability for injury, death, loss or damage of any kind whatsoever that may occur to any animal, person or property whilst under the supervision of Jo’s Dog Training Solutions.
26. The Pet Parent/s agree to be solely responsible for any and all things or acts done by the dog while the dog is in the care of Jo’s Dog Training Solutions including any cost, loss or expense arising out of financial liability.
27. The Pet Parent/s understands that when training in any public area ie: any area that the public and their dog/s have access to, there is the risk of exposure to pathogens and other disease or infection. I/We the Pet Parent/s of the dog will not hold Jo’s Dog Training Solutions liable for any and all costs involved.
28. I/We the Pet Parent/s warrant the accuracy of all information given about the animal.
29. Jo’s Dog Training Solutions will collect information from you for registration and training purposes and be in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We may add you to our mailing list and you can unsubscribe at any time.
I/We agree to the terms and conditions above
Name (Block Capitals)
Your typed signature from a computer (or other device) will be accepted as agreement to these terms and conditions